Sunday, February 10, 2008

Awesome Weekend Destroyed By Traffic

So I was driving back to Blacksburg today and I see this sign that says, "I-81 closed mile 146", and I'm thinking, 'That must be old, I doubt they'd have 81 closed", so I get to mile 149 and traffic is at a dead stop. Ugh. They made everyone exit at mile marker 146, because there was so much smoke on the interstate that it wasn't safe to drive through. Apparently there was a fire in Roanoke that was causing the smoke. Anyway, my normally 4 hour trip took me 6 hours.

But my weekend was amazing otherwise! Got home on Friday evening, had dinner with my parents, went out to Michael's for some cake decorating stuff. Saturday I went shopping with my Mom and got a whole bunch of new clothes and 2 pairs of shoes. Saturday night was the Barry Manilow concert - oh my gosh, it was amazing :). I had THE best time, and I'm so glad I got to go! This morning I left my house around noon, stopped by the movie theater so that I could sign papers so I could work spring break and the first manager I saw said to me, "We were just talking about you last night," and I'm like "Uhh, what were you all saying?" Apparently there were a bunch of lightbulbs out and they wanted me to fix them, but I never work spring break, so they figured I wasn't going to be able to change them, but I totally surprised them today and told them I wanted to work over break. I was there for like 30 minutes just chit-chatting with the managers (and getting made fun of, of course). But now I am finally back in the 'Burg, ready for another busy week ahead!

No comments: