Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sing Me A Lullaby

Ever hear a song and have it remind you of someone? It seems like this happens to me more and more lately, either because I'm listening more closely to the lyrics of songs, or because I've experienced more things that would lend themselves to songs. I'm just driving around, listening to the radio or a CD and all of a sudden say "OMG, this song reminds me of [insert name here]!". Usually it's something little, like a single line of lyrics, but sometimes it's the entire theme of the song. That's also how I found my theme song (Light On, by David Cook). I rarely tell any of these people that I have songs that remind me of them, but maybe I should. They are all important people in my lives in some aspect, and they should know that I think about them, even if it's only every time a crazy song like "Single Ladies" comes on the radio on my way to work. So if I happen to call you and tell you a certain song reminds me of you, ask me to explain why. I bet it'll be something you'd never think of, because my mind doesn't work in the usual logical ways, and it will probably be because of something ridiculous that we did once or some aspect of your personality that I recognize in the song. But take it as a compliment. It's my way of telling you how much you mean to me.

No comments: