September has always been a good month. School is getting into full swing, football is starting, and the temperatures being to drop (although we haven't seen much of that yet). My favorite time of year is what I affectionately call 'sweatshirt weather', meaning that it is just the right temperature that walking around outside with a sweatshirt on is perfect - not too hot, not too cold. But sweatshirt weather doesn't last long, and is replaced by snow boots and parkas.
For those few days, I'm in heaven. Usually the leaves are changing colors, the sunsets are gorgeous, and nothing can spoil my day. And if only for a moment, I have no worries. The cool breezes blowing through my hair, the sun shining brightly bring a smile to my face. This is what I love, not a season, but a time between seasons, when nature is beginning her descent into winter, but is hanging on to summer for one more day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment