It has been a fantastic week! I should take vacations more often.
Thursday was a rough day at work and I was glad to get out of there at 11pm and go home and sleep! Friday was spent in the car mostly, on my way to Blacksburg. Hit a little rain on the way, but the drive was uneventful. I was so glad to get there! Brett and I went out with two of his friends to dinner, which was fun, then we headed to Stephen's recital. Saturday, we went to the Cascades (4 mile hike = no need for the gym), had a picnic lunch there, and then went mini-golfing. I totally rocked at putt-putt, and Brett's already asking for a rematch. I'll win every time. :) Then Krusty and I met up at Cassell to take our Snocone pictures! I had finished the shirts a few weeks ago, but this was our first opportunity to wear them and have fun. Pictures are fantastic, check them out on Facebook! A few of us went to Macado's that night and had dessert. It was good to catch up with everyone! Sunday was spent in the car again, and there were a lot of stupid drivers on the road, but luckily, the trip was okay otherwise. Sunday night was spent cutting out patterns and fabric for my sewing projects. My Mom and I spent most of Monday in the sewing room, and even took a trip to the fabric store to get a few odds and ends. I finished my skirt that evening (pics on Facebook), so I felt really productive! Tuesday morning, I got my hair cut, and I LOVE it!! I got my hair cut to look like Cheryl Burke (she's on Dancing with the Stars), and my parents have been calling me "Cheryl" for the last two days, haha. Spent the rest of the day working on my ruffled blouse, but didn't finish that project until this afternoon. This morning, Mom and I went to Tyson's. We both ended up buying pants and not much else! After finishing my blouse, I started on my turquoise dress, and managed to finish the bodice tonight. I'm really hoping I can get it finished tomorrow, so I'll have finished everything I wanted to get done on my vacation. Plus, there will be a trip to Joann's tomorrow, since they're having a sale.
Back to work on Friday, and I think I'll be ready to pick up where I left off. And while Lightbulb Girl may never take a day off, Sharon sure needed this vacation. It's been a good week :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment