Thanks to both game 1 and 2, I've learned 3 very important lessons about hockey, hockey fans, and watching live hockey games:
1 - It's much more enjoyable to watch a live hockey game when you are supporting the home team. The number of times I was boo-ed, yelled at, criticized, etc. was ridiculous. Have some respect for the other team. Especially you, Mr. I-had-too-many-beers-sitting-behind-me. Which brings me to my second lesson...
2 - Hockey would be so much nicer if they didn't serve beer. See above comment about rude fans.
3 - Fans will cheer for anything. If Ovechkin went out on the ice and wiped his nose, Caps fans would cheer. It's ridiculous and I'm not sure I'll ever fully understand that. That, and why on Earth do fans cheer more when their team clears the zone than when their goalie makes a save? I swear it happens. Maybe I should study up on the sport some more...
1 comment:
Don't wear black and gold into Verizon and expect to not get booed. When your team breaks our hearts year after year it turns to a pretty bitter dislike. Just sayin' is all.
Post a Comment