Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Moment In Time

Forever Yours

Like watching the sun rise
On a crisp, clear morning
It takes my breath away
Like stopping to smell the roses
After a springtime rain
It helps me clear my mind
Like sheets just out of the dryer
It keeps me warm
When the temperatures drop
Like a nest of baby birds
Learning to fly
It picks me up off my feet
When I’ve fallen so far down
Like an armor of steel
It protects me from harm
Like a child’s face lighting up
Knowing that Santa is on his way
It is childish and playful
Yet serious and sincere
Like an unexpected package
Waiting at your front door
It brings something new every day
It is ever-changing, ever-growing
But it is never ending, love

I wrote this about a year ago, but it's still one of the best, most poignant poems I've written. I hope you enjoy it :).

No comments: