Saturday, August 23, 2008

Do what you love. Love what you do.

A lot of people lately have been asking me what I want to do when I grow up. I could be cute and say, "I never want to grow up!", but that's not entirely true. So what do I really want out of life?

I want a job that gives me weekends off, good benefits, and a good work environment. I want to find the love of my life and have a family. I want to wake up every morning with a smile on my face. I want to be able to look back on my life when it's ending and have no regrets, and have accomplished everything that I possibly could have done. I want to be someone who makes a difference, and I think I've already done a bit of that at school the past 4 years.

The average lifespan is somewhere around 70-75 years. Think about what you could do in that span of time, how many lives you could affect, how much of a difference you could make in the world. Life is short, but not too short to laugh a lot, and love unconditionally.

No comments: