Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's not how many times you get knocked down

You know how sometimes you know what someone is thinking just by looking at them? You can tell how they're feeling just by giving them a hug? I've always been good at reading people, but more recently, I feel like I can tell more about someone just by observing them. Maybe it's because I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve more and because I'm being torn apart on the inside, but I feel like I have to put up a front to everyone. People have such high expectations of me, that I'm happy all the time, that I'm some optimistic freak of nature, but you know what? I get hurt just as easily as the next person, if not more easily. I need my friends now, more than ever, but the majority of them are going back to Blacksburg, too far for casual visits, and usually too busy to have a lot of time for me.

I guess I overestimated myself. I thought I'd be okay by now. I'm usually the one giving advice and helping people through tough times, but I guess it's my turn to ask for help.


...it's how many times you get back up. courage is when you've lost your way but you find your strength anyway.

No comments: