Ever seen the show Ace of Cakes? Yeah, so Duff and the gang inspired me to finally learn how to make fondant. After getting the ingredients last week and not having time to experiment, today I successfully made my first batch of fondant. I did a white cover on my cake, then colored the leftover fondant and made heart and star shapes using cookie cutters. I think it turned out really well for my first try!
I thoroughly enjoyed my day off today, and I'm glad I have tomorrow off as well. My mom and I are going to go see Mamma Mia, and I may do some work on my next sewing project... once I decide what is next. I also need to buy Amtrak tickets so my mom and I can take a day trip to NYC! We're going to go to the Empire State Building and go shopping!! I'm excited :)
No comments:
Post a Comment